Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm currently jobless, right? So, I'm looking for job. After I sent my resume to some of the companies, sometimes, I'm shortlisted. Then, I got the phone call for interview. But some people didn't mention that which company they are from (or maybe, I was half-asleep when they call me, my bad!). How can I know it because I send my resume like to zillion of companies, huh! But I didn't really ask them, I don't want to get bad impression for me. I'm quite smart, right? (self advertisement, lol). I will tell you how I trace the company.

They sure tell me the company address, but sometimes, they don't tell me the company name and which position I applied. So I try to find the company name and position. Sometimes, from the phone number they called me, I try to type the phone number in Google. Ta-Da, sometimes, I got the company name. Now I get another site to look out. It is Internet Yellow Pages for Singapore. I have interview on this Wednesday. I don't know the company name and which position I applied for. I tried to find out from phone number. No luck! Finally, I got it from Yellow Pages. Phew! Finally, I knew the company name when I tried to find with phone number in the Yellow Pages. I still don't know which position I applied. I can't find from sent items in my Yahoo emails. I can't find from newspaper (the place I was looking for job vacancies) as well. Let it be, I will know it on Wednesday.

I wonder how companies expect job seeker to remember all the company names and positions we applied. Do they think that we applied for their company only? Some companies are quite nice, they email us about the company address and stuffs. It is better that we get more info on them.

Living in Singapore! I should know some useful sites. Here are the sites I always find out things when I need to go new places or interviews.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/
- type the address, you will see the map of the place you are looking for

http://www.yellowpages.com.sg/newiyp/yp/jsp/index.jsp - Duh, it is Yellow Pages. I don't need to explain much about this site, right?

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/ - Singapore Bus Service. This is what SBS stands for if you wonder what it is. You can get the info about the bus. I always go to check it that which bus should I take it and how many bus stops do I need to take to the place I want to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Google
 

Template by:
Free Blog Templates
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates